Friday, February 3, 2012

Chronicle


The movie Chronicle was watched tonight by me, Steven M Summers Jr, and I would like to say that it is an overall good movie, but I did find one problem with it. First I will say that I WILL ruin this movie for everyone, unlike the way I tried to keep my previous blog post clouded, but anyway…

Basically, the movie is about three teenage boys who find a hole in the ground, when they go inside they get the powers of telekinesis. After this, they enjoy using these powers by using it to simple everyday chores. They realize that it is like a muscle, and the more they use it the stronger it will be. Finally, one of the characters, who is abused throughout the movie by his father, and gets bullied at school succumbs to his desire of finally having power over others. He ends up beating up his father and kills the black friend out of the three boys. ( I would like to question, why in the world does the black guy always die first? Maybe somebody should make a movie with a twist like maybe the white guy goes first. That would catch me off guard!)  This is probably one of the most intense scenes in the movie, because you finally realize how powerful Andy has gotten. Finally, there is a huge battle scene where Andrew destroys EVERYTHING. In the end, Andrew is killed by his cousin.

Now that you know about the movie, I would like to say that there is one problem with this movie, I felt that it was a little empty, I kept wondering how and what happened at certain points, and I had to guess and make up parts of the story line. Now I don’t know if this was done on purpose to allow each viewer to have his or her own version of the story, but I believe that this causes me to have to think to hard to actually follow the movie smoothly. BUT don’t get me wrong, this movie is one that I will recommend, although don’t go expecting a complicated movie, it could be made by a couple kids in their back yard… My rating - 6.5/10

4 comments:

  1. Sweet review Steve. It was very helpfull. Even though I still want to watch the movie I will look out for your critiques about it. It seems that the points that you take off on the ten point scale are the parts where there is gaps in the movie's sub plot like you said. But a 6.5 is still good enough for me to want to watch it. And that guy has the same name as me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just hate it when the storyline leaves out necessary parts? I'm not talking about when something is left out intentionally to help build the story, but when they leave you to your questions at the end, it just bothers me because I'll never know what the character or whoever the storyline revolves around is thinking in those situations. I know that's a pretty vague statement, but I think you get the picture.

    Steven thanks for the review, it was wonderful and full of insight...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... This seems like an interesting movie. Apparently I have not seen or heard of any of the new movies that are coming out. I am interested to see the plot of the movie. I also think it would be neat if several people watched it and then afterwards discussed what they thought the missing parts were meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like you, I hate when a movie leaves for so much speculation when, clearly, the movie is only meant to entertain. A scary movie, for example, might leave that opening for speculation so that the viewers are busy pondering when something randomly pops out, so speculation works there. However, in movies like Chronicle, there is no point in doing that. You get distracted thinking, miss something important, and then you're even more lost.
    Anyway, good review Steven.

    ReplyDelete