Steven Spielberg directed the movie
War Horse that came out in December 2011. The movie was set in England and
France during the First World War. In the beginning of the movie, you see the
birth of the star, of course the horse. Once the young stallion was old enough
he was taken to market and sold to Albert’s father. Albert’s father brings home
the stallion and after much strife between he and his wife, they decide to
allow Albert to keep him. After Albert names and trains Joey (the stallion),
the British army come in to find recruits and supplies for the war. Due to the
lack of funds to maintain the family farm, Albert’s father sells Joey to the cavalry
behind Albert’s back. Albert swears that no matter what he and Joey will be
reunited again.
After
training the horses and men, the cavalry rode to overtake the German forces in
a small clearing, but their ambush was thwarted. As they charged into the German encampment, the
German forces ran into the woods. The excited English chased on and were met
head on by mounted machine guns. Joey’s rider was shot and killed in this
scene, and thus Joey was used to pull artillery for the German military. Before
Joey could actually pull too much, a young soldier mounted him and rode off; he
was later found and shot as a deserter, leaving Joey in a windmill. A young
girl found him and takes him in, while riding him; the Germans steal Joey back
once again.
Then,
right before Joey was literally worked to death, the man who worked the horses
for the German army set him loose. At this point, it shows Albert in one of the
English trenches. After that day’s battle, one of the English soldiers brings an
injured horse back into the camp. **I don’t
want to ruin the rest of the movie, if you are interested after reading this GO
WATCH IT!**
Overall,
I believe that War Horse was a great movie, it showcased the life of one horse
and how hectic and dangerous it can be for a horse during war. This movie has
many twists and turns that keeps the audience on the edge of their seats and
begging for more. I truly enjoyed this movie and I recommend that you go and
watch it. It is definitely worth the five bucks.
I believe the analysis of the movie the War Horse is very well put together and exciting. I myself have never seen the movie, and was rather disappointed at the end of your analysis. I was disappointed because of the suspense that you built throughout the blog in telling the story plot, and not getting to know the ending. I believe, simply from your analysis of the movie, that it will make me cry and laugh and think about my life and my own animals.
ReplyDeleteSteven! I was definitely getting into your description of War Horse and you just cut it off. That being said I would have to agree with your analysis after reading your description. This movie seems like a great one on account of the love and bond between the horse and his owner. As an animal lover myself I think I could definitely relate to this movie and would appreciate animals even more so after watching it.
ReplyDeleteDude that review was sick dawg, fo rizzle homie. No seriously, your words painted a picture for me to visualize as I was reading. I was really wanting to know what happened... then you stopped short. Not saying I was disappointed, but now I have to go see it, or rent it, or buy it. Whichever be the case, way to go.
ReplyDelete-Connor
I have not seen this movie yet but I will definitely go see it now. There is something timeless about the relationship between a boy and his horse. The events that you describe sound like you will not only see a great movie but will also be educated on the war and a small aspect of it that has been so overlooked in history.
ReplyDeleteSteven, I've seen the movie and your review is amazing. It was like watching the movie for a second time but I know what happens at the end. War Horse was a great movie. One of the few animal and human relationship based movies that I actually liked. Overall, sweet review mister Steve. Very detailed and definitely not boring.
ReplyDeleteThis really looks and sounds like a good movie. I love to read books and watch movies whose plots involve long, elaborate quests like “The Hobbit” and “Homer’s Odyssey”. The horse’s repeated change of owners seems to resemble the individual adventures in stories like the ones I mentioned. I find this an enjoyable way to section long stories. I’m rather excited to see this movie now.
ReplyDelete