Friday, February 17, 2012

The Devils Own


First of all, I want to apologize for not sending this in early, but I just got back to Julia’s house from the San Antonio Rodeo. I would like to say that the Madisonville boys who participated didn’t do so hot (Actually they did great, they got a 4.40 in team roping, which put them in the lead… but they broke the barrier too soon and got a 10 sec penalty), BUT Lady A was freaking awesome!!! Anyway, I am at Julia’s house, and last night we watched this movie because it sounded interesting. The movie we watched was The Devil’s Own. We got all excited about this movie hoping that it would be good. But it turned out to be the complete opposite… it truthfully sucked.

The movie was about a man whose father was shot and killed in front of him when he was 8 years old. So this man (Brad Pitt) became part of the IRA, which is the Irish Republican Army.  He was in a shootout, and then he was told to go to America to make money to buy some rockets in order to shoot down the British helicopters. While in America though he meets up with some pretty rough people, and puts the lives of many in danger. He is staying with a host family, and oddly enough the man is a police officer, and he doesn’t realize that the man living in his home is a terrorist. After Pitt’s character makes the deal with an arms dealer, a friend of his is murdered, and Pitt’s boss tells him to hold off. But by doing so, the arms dealer sends out his goons to get him. Pitt ends up tricking the arms dealer and kills them all and escapes with the rockets. He gets on his escape boat, and by this time the police officer man gets on board with him. Then there is a small shoot out scene and Pitt dies.

First I just want to say that this movie SUCKED… it was neither what I was expecting nor what I was looking for. The movie was so slow, it took forever to take off, but it felt as soon as it took off, it ended. I believe that this is probably the worst movie I have ever seen Brad Pitt and Harrison Ford in… sorry, I just have high expectations. Also, the camera angles were totally awkward, and at some points the sounds seemed off for the weapons. Lastly, I just want to say that this movie could have and should have been better. I hope I’m not being too harsh, but 3/10

4 comments:

  1. Steven, I am very sorry that you wasted your time with this movie. From the way you described it, it sounds terrible. However, I am going to have to watch it in order to form a conclusion of my own. To kind of analyze what you said though, I would have to agree that I hate movies which have a slow take off and then just end all of a sudden. The movie "How Do You Know" was the same exact way. Totally pointless. So I understand....not really an analyzation huh? Is that even a word?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have never heard of this crazy sounding movie before. First of all, I do not even like the title of the movie. Second of all, it sounds really boring because you said the movie dragged on and on which sucks. Last thought, you said it sucked then it must really really sucked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven, thank you for writing this post! My dad and I were talking about watching this movie the other night, and thankfully we did not because after reading how you felt about it I am sure I would have hated too, probably even more than you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, thanks for sharing! Honestly, I read this post because of the title. I have a feeling the title also had something to do with why you watched the movie.. Either way, I am glad that I will not have to go through that if anyone ever suggests watching this movie.

    ReplyDelete