Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bullet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP077RitNAc
First of all, Bullet by HollyWood Undead is the best song ever, and the ending is the best part. I know this song is a little weird and y’all will probably wonder about me, if I’m stable and all the rest of the bull crap, but I don’t care. Obviously if you listened to the song then you can easily tell that it’s about suicide. But it’s odd, because it’s such a happy sounding tune, and why is that? I think that the band is trying to show that even though people look so negatively towards suicide that it must be negative right? Well maybe they are wrong, maybe when you feel that suicide is the only route out of what you are going through that this is how you feel, maybe when there is nothing left, suicide is beautiful and seems like an easy way out. I honestly don’t know, because I have never felt that way before, and I don’t want to just destroy the way somebody feels, I mean I as a human being and an American have the right to my own opinion on life and so do others. So I heard this song and I figured I probably should actually write a blog. I felt this song was appropriate because it’s so different, and it stands out. I am truly sorry that this post is more like some unfinished thoughts and ideas, but hey that’s what a blog is for right? Well hopefully you enjoyed the song! Nighty night guys

4 comments:

  1. I agree with the difference in the song's theme (and I too like it, so we're both out of our minds, but whatever) and pretty much everything else you said. The only difference in my "analysis" is that the song doesn't only have to pertain to suicide. It could relate to other things that are commonly held negative, or positive, only because most people think they are, but, in some cases, they can be the best decisions someone can take. Other than that, simple and to the point blog, good job mijo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I really hate that song. First of all, the lyrics and the tune shouldn't go together. Not because I believe suicide is a bad thing either Steven, Jorge, but I think the tune makes suicide appealing. Appealing to people who do struggle with depression and thoughts of suicide. I do not think that suicide is something that should be encouraged, it has broken homes and families. I have first hand experience. My cousin (Carson) whom I grew up with all my life committed suicide and it's not something that should be looked upon lightly, almost like this song and video portrays it, especially the script and the sketches.

    Bands such as these, should think twice before writing and producing stuff like that, I think that not only bands, but all public figures should not take the amount of influence they have on society and culture lightly.

    -Connor

    ReplyDelete
  3. - Connor, I see your point, and I respect it. Thank you for also giving me insight from your side, it means a lot to see what other people think of it. I do believe that you have had experiences that make it hard for you. I am also truly sorry for your loss man. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steven, thanks for the blog after how many months? Lol. Anyway, I do agree with you about how people tend to view things as negative or positive based off of what society or otherwise tells them how to view things. I also see Connor's point in bands should not make suicide appealing, however I don't think that was what the band intended. Just my personal opinion though.

    ReplyDelete